While large nationwide chains of assisted living communities offer standardized care, locally owned assisted living communities go the extra mile on personalized care. When seniors move into a locally owned community, there is more of a home type feel, with owners who are actively involved, and a caring local staff who take pride in their work.
The Parke Assisted Living Community offers Tulsans premium senior living with a personalized approach. Their owners built The Parke over 20 years ago when they saw the need for a safe, comfortable assisted living community centrally located in Tulsa.
The owners take an active role in the facility’s appearance and maintenance. And they can often be seen in the dining room enjoying a meal with residents (at least once a week), or at one of the many social events facilitated by The Parke. The owners are often onsite and easily accessible, giving residents and their families more of a home feel.
There is individualized attention at The Parke, and everyone knows the owners. When residents have questions, answers are prompt because they don’t have to submit a request form and wait for a response from a corporate manager who has to pass the request up the chain.
Here are some benefits of a locally owned assisted living community:
- The owners are flexible and there is no red tape.
- The management is a hands-on team.
- The team pays close attention to details in the assisted living community.
- Maintenance requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Residents have more of a say in how things are run—with the resident council and food committee, residents have a voice. The administrator hears out the concerns of residents when the residents counsel committee meets. Residents have a say in things and staff listens. The dining service director sits in on the food committee meetings, and residents discuss what they want. If they really like something, it can be put back on the menu.
- Residents have influence on the building’s aesthetics.
The owners exhibit genuine care and concern for the well-being of the residents.
- A personal feel to assisted living
- Simplified solutions—When challenges occur in a locally owned assisted living community, solutions are simplified due to the accessible authorities. Locally owned means locally managed, and that makes problem solving easy, and quick.
- Competitive pricing—Locally owned assisted living communities offer a variety of options for financing. They offer top quality care at affordable prices, and personalized services catered to each resident’s needs.
- Personalized approach to care—Caring for residents is the top priority of the staff at locally owned assisted living communities. The family type atmosphere eases transitioning to The Parke. Exceptional care is why so many residents refer their friends and family to The Parke.
- Activities and Events—As The Parke’s Activities Director, Julie Kamalakis says, “You are never too old to have fun or to try something new!” The Parke offers beneficial activities and events for the enjoyment of both residents and their families.
- Tai Chi
- Bible Study
- Mexican Dominoes
- Men’s Coffee Hour
- Happy Hour
- Lunch Bunch – Victorian Tea Room, Outback and more
- Knitting Club
- Health Check
- Bank/Post Office Outing
- Sit and Be Fit
- Mind Benders
- Pet Therapy Visits
Everyone at The Parke is personable. They just celebrated 20 years of serving the community. Their newsletter and activities display the diverse offerings for each resident.
Don’t take our word for it! Here’s what others are saying about The Parke:
“We recently visited my grandmother who is a resident at The Parke… I was very impressed at how warm and cozy The Parke is. My family is so grateful that we can relax and know Grandma is safe and happy in such a fabulous facility!”—Amanda
“I have been a resident at The Parke for over two years. In my opinion, this assisted living facility deserves a 5-star rating. You asked why?” “The building and grounds are beautiful. The walls are reinforced with steel which provides safety.”
“The first thing I noticed was the cheerfulness of the staff. From the beginning I was treated as an individual, called by my name.”
Provision for physical needs
“I was evaluated by the nurse on staff before I moved in and have been reassessed periodically. Plans for care are made accordingly with input from physician and family. If extra care is needed such as physical therapy, this facility works closely with Encompass Home Health care.”
“When a call is made for assistance, I can depend on the aides being there promptly. This is also true for scheduled activities such as a shower.”
“Three meals a day are served in the dining room. The large size of this room makes it easy for those with walkers, scooters, etc., to move around. There is assigned seating which makes it easier for new residents to get acquainted. The dietary manager plans menus with a variety of foods. There are a number of substitutes available if you don’t choose the main entrée. A private dining room is available for family parties, etc.”
“A variety of activities are planned for each day. A monthly and daily schedule are posted, and residents are encouraged to let the activity director know what they enjoy.”
“Most assisted living places provide transportation for medical care. Here, we also have transportation to the bank, grocery stores, hobby stores and restaurants. Travel to special events such as plays and viewing of Christmas lights are planned. A van with a lift makes it possible for those in wheelchairs to also enjoy these activities.”—Ruth
Tulsa Assisted Living Community
If you’re looking for assisted living in a caring community, The Parke is a licensed assisted living facility in Tulsa that offers seniors a safe, caring community and a beautiful place to call home. The staff provides exceptional care to each resident. And, as an Oklahoma licensed facility, their high standards of excellence give families peace of mind. Schedule a tour at The Parke today.